Wednesday, November 07, 2012

So Christ Has Truly Set Us Free…


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Job 31; Job 32; Galatians 5; Galatians 6

So 

Christ

Has Truly Set Us Free…

Scripture

Galatians 5

1. So Christ has truly set us free…

Observation

The Apostle Paul spent a large part of his ministry writing letters to churches while he was under arrest and yet he was “free”! The Roman government was not very kind to those that called themselves Christians either! The church grew and thrived in a hostile environment.

It is a reminder for us today. It is a reminder to me today. No matter what direction our country heads in. No matter who wins or loses an election. I am free!

My freedom can’t be taken away from me. I am free in Christ!

I prayed that no matter who ever won the election it would help further the Gospel. I prayed that the kingdom of God would be extended.

I look at what happened in the countries of China and Cuba where the governments tried to totally eliminate Christianity. The church is stronger than ever in both of those two places. Church leaders in Cuba pretty much all agree that when the island has more “freedom” then the church will not be as strong as it is right now.

So Christ has truly set me free - I am not rocked or shocked at what is happening in our country. I am sad. I am sad this morning, but if in the end the deterioration of our country causes more and more people to turn to God then my sadness will one day be turned to joy!

  Application

I will pay more attention to God’s word and what it says about what happened yesterday and what it says is happening to our country than what the television and newspapers say. I will remember and on hold on to the fact that Jesus Christ has set me free and nobody can ever take that away! 

Prayer

Heavenly Father May Your Kingdom come. May Your will be done. Come Lord Jesus. Come!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: