Sunday, November 04, 2012

“My God, My God, Why Have You Left Me Alone?”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Job 26; Job 27; Mark 15; Mark 16

“My God,

My God, 

Why Have You Left Me Alone?”

Scripture

Mark 16

33 At noon the whole country became dark. This darkness continued until three o’clock. 34 At three o’clock Jesus cried out loudly, “Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani.” This means “My God, my God, why have you left me alone?”

Observation

As I read this passage about how Jesus died for me I can’t say that I understand totally what He did for me and for you that day. I can’t say I understand completely what happened on the cross when He cried out, “Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani. “My God, my God, why have you left me alone?”

What He experienced for you and me on that cross is way more than we will ever totally comprehend while we are on this earth. But I know that day He took away the penalty for all of my sins. He took on Himself the punishment for everything I have ever done wrong. It is paid in full.

It is because He has done that for me that I can follow Him and I can live for Him.

    But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8

For even I, the Son of Man, came here not to be served but to serve others, and to give my life as a ransom for many." Mark 10:45

 Jesus was forsaken by His Heavenly Father as He hung on that cross so that you and I can experience Eternal Life and never we, if we place our faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, will never ever be forsaken.

“… I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Matthew 28:20 

    I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them away from me, John 10:28 

    "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

Application

I will call on the Lord today knowing that He hears me and I know that He will answer my prayers. Not because I am a good person, but because I am a child of God.

 Prayer

Heavenly Father, the relationship that I have with You was very costly for You. It cost Your Son’s life on a cross in my place. I deserve to be on that cross. You give me what I don’t deserve and You don’t give me what I do deserve. You are full of Mercy and Grace. Thank You for hearing me today as I pray to You. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: