Friday, November 02, 2012

“Give To Caesar What Belongs To Caesar, And Give To God What Belongs To God.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Job 23; Job 24; Mark 11; Mark 12

“Give To Caesar

What Belongs To Caesar,

And Give To God What Belongs To God.”

Scripture

Mark 12

17 Then Jesus said to them, “Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God.” The men were amazed at what Jesus said.

Observation

Have you got into any emotional discussions this election year with someone about how you or how they are going to vote? It is amazing to me that so many Christian men and women overlook the important things that we should be looking for in the leader of our country.

Bill Graham, at the wise age of almost 94, shares with us how we should vote:

. The legacy we leave behind for our children, grandchildren and this great nation is crucial. As I approach my 94th birthday, I realize this election could be my last. I believe it is vitally important that we cast our ballots for candidates who base their decisions on biblical principles and support the nation of Israel. I urge you to vote for those who protect the sanctity of life and support the biblical definition of marriage between a man and a woman. Vote for biblical values this November 6, and pray with me that America will remain one nation under God.

Kathy and I are getting ready to drive to Montreat, NC in just a minute!

God wants us to give to our government what belongs to our government, but more importantly we should give to God what belongs to Him. The last time I checked everything belongs to God. He owns it all. He asked us to give back to Him only a small portion of what He has so generously given to us.

Application

I have already voted. I voted for the lesser of the two evils this year. At least the one I voted for said that he was for everything that Billy Graham said was important. Because God says that we are to give to Him what belongs to Him I will look at how I can give back to Him more out of all that He has so generously given us.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray that the new President of our country would be one that would pray to You and seek Your face. If he does not then I pray that those that surround him in leadership would be godly men that would seek Your face and ask for Your guidance. May the Gospel spread and Your kingdom expand in our country and in our world no matter who is leading our country! You are God All-Powerful! Nothing is too hard for You. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: