Tuesday, February 17, 2015

For Your Love For Me Is Very Great. You Have Rescued Me From The Depths Of Death.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

For Your Love For Me
Is Very Great.
You Have Rescued Me From The Depths Of Death.

I hope that you realize that very soon headlines could read, “21 Christian men in the United States beheaded simply for the fact that they were Christians.” 

Scripture

Psalm 86

13 for your love for me is very great.
    You have rescued me from the depths of death.


Observation

Pope Francis, head of the Roman Catholic Church, also expressed outrage over the killings on Monday.

"Their only words were: 'Jesus, help me!' They were killed simply for the fact that they were Christians," Francis said. "The blood of our Christian brothers and sisters is a testimony which cries out be heard. It makes no difference whether they be Catholics, Orthodox, Copts or Protestants... The martyrs belong to all Christians."

I don’t think that I have ever quoted the Pope before but today I quote him to make this point, 

“God does not always choose to rescue us.”

Three years ago God rescued me from death and everyday that I wake up to live another day I give Him thanks. He rescued me from certain death.

Today, I think of those 21 Christian men standing before their executioners knowing that they would soon face death and I think of how God chose not to rescue them. These men will join the other thousands of martyrs that die each year for calling Jesus Christ their Lord and their Savior. 

I hope that you realize that very soon headlines could read, “21 Christian men in the United States beheaded simply for the fact that they were Christians.” 

Application

I will pray for the persecuted church today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for the families of those men who were martyred for being called Christ Followers. I don’t know if they had a personal relationship with You through the Lord Jesus Christ, but they died because they were identified as Christ Followers. 

I pray for persecuted Christians today who live each day not knowing if it will be their last. I know that their faith makes You smile. Give me the faith of the Apostle Paul. Don’t let me lose sight of those being persecuted in so many countries in our world today. Give me the strength and the health to go to those places where Christians need to be encouraged and people desperately need to hear the Gospel.

Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 1,2; Acts 24; Psalm 83-87

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: