Thursday, February 05, 2015

Even When I Walk Through The Darkest Valley


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Even When
I Walk Through
The Darkest Valley

I know that the Lord is my Shepherd; I have all that I need.

Scripture

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd;
    I have all that I need.

Even when I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
    for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
    protect and comfort me.


Observation

A childhood friend of Kathy’s is going through a very dark valley in her life right now. I couldn’t imagine a darker valley. She has a daughter that is in a coma and the outcome does not look good from a human perspective.

I asked everyone that I met with yesterday to pray for this young woman and to pray for Kathy’s friend who is the young woman’s Mom.

A verse that came to Kathy’s mind while she was talking to this friend yesterday was Psalm 23:1, “The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need.”

Kathy told me yesterday, “Eddy, when you were in a coma and not expected to live I held on to the fact that God was all that I needed.” 

You and I are going to walk through some dark valleys in 2015. I wish it was not true, but we will.

  Application

 As I walk through the dark valleys I am going to hold onto this truth; “I will not be afraid, for (God) you are close beside me. Psalm 23:4

Prayer

Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need!

2-3 He lets me rest in the meadow grass and leads me beside the quiet streams. He gives me new strength. He helps me do what honors him the most.
Even when walking through the dark valley of death I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me, guarding, guiding all the way.
You provide delicious food for me in the presence of my enemies. You have welcomed me as your guest; blessings overflow!
Your goodness and unfailing kindness shall be with me all of my life, and afterwards I will live with you forever in your home. Amen Psalm 23 


Daily Bible Reading Exodus 39,40; Psalms 15; Acts 12; Psalm 21-25


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: