Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Message Is Crowded Out By The Worries Of This Life, The Lure Of Wealth, And The Desire For Other Things, So No Fruit Is Produced.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The Message Is Crowded Out
By The Worries Of This Life,
The Lure Of Wealth, And The Desire For Other Things, So No Fruit Is Produced. 

Lets evaluate our lives and lets ask some hard questions.

Scripture

Mark 4

18 The seed that fell among the thorns represents others who hear God’s word, 19 but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this life, the lure of wealth, and the desire for other things, so no fruit is produced. NLT

Observation

All of us face the danger of having God’s Word crowded out of our lives. It seems so easy these days to replace our relationship with our Heavenly Father with:

  1. The attractions of this world.
  2. Delights of wealth.
  3. Search for success.
  4. Lure of nice things.
18 “The thorny ground represents the hearts of people who listen to the Good News and receive it, 19 but all too quickly the attractions of this world and the delights of wealth, and the search for success and lure of nice things come in and crowd out God’s message from their hearts, so that no crop is produced. LIVING

These are the things that crowd out the power of the Word of God in our lives. The things listed above consume our lives causing us to produce no fruit. We are sterile. When those things are the priority of our lives then no one gets to go to Heaven because of our witness. We are left sterile.

Crowded out! Crowded out! Crowded out!

Lets not let these things choke the Life out of us! Lets evaluate our lives and lets ask some hard questions:

 Have we been putting God first?

 Have we let our relationship with God be crowded out and choked out by the things of this world?


    He will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern. Matthew 6:33

 Application

I will evaluate my life today to make sure that my God is not being crowded out of my life. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is so easy for me to put other things ahead of my relationship with You. Help me today to examine my life and to get every thing in the right priority. Help me to keep Your Kingdom as my primary concern. Help me to keep You first in my life. Show me what needs to change and give me the strength to make those changes. Amen.


Daily Bible Reading:  Numbers 17,18; Psalms 29; Mark 4

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: