Saturday, February 07, 2015

The LORD Is Close To The Brokenhearted.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The LORD
Is Close
To The Brokenhearted. 

Relationships, sickness, tragedies … can = brokenness
Scripture

Psalm 34

18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted;
    he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.


Psalm 147

 He heals the brokenhearted
    and bandages their wounds.
He counts the stars
    and calls them all by name.
How great is our Lord! His power is absolute!
    His understanding is beyond comprehension!


Isaiah 61

The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me,
    for the Lord has anointed me
    to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted
    and to proclaim that captives will be released
    and prisoners will be freed.


Observation

Brokenhearted – has this ever described you or someone you love? Jesus came to comfort the brokenhearted. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted. He heals the brokenhearted.

Brokenness – none of us like to be in a place of brokenness but that is when and where God can use us the most.

Relationships sickness tragedies … all are things that can bring us to be brokenhearted.

If you or a friend or loved one is going through a time of brokenness right now then remember that God never wastes a “Hurt”. 
 For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory. Psalm 32:7
Application

I will trust the Lord today for my future and I will pray for those who are going through a time of brokenness.

14 But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying, “You are my God! ”My future is in your hands. Psalm 31

Prayer

Heavenly Father, How great is the goodness You have stored up for those who fear you. You lavish it on those who come to you for protection, blessing them before the watching world. You hide them in the shelter of your presence, safe from those who conspire against them. You shelter them in your presence …  Psalm 31:19-20

I pray for those I know who are going through difficult times. Give them strength. Help them to draw close to You during this time of crisis. Shelter them in Your presence. Give them strength for today. 

Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 4,5,6; Acts 14 Psalm 31-35


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: