Thursday, February 12, 2015

Stand Up In The Presence Of The Aged, Show Respect For The Elderly And Revere Your God. I Am The LORD.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Stand Up In The Presence Of The Aged,
Show Respect For The Elderly
And Revere Your God. I Am The LORD. 

Do you have people standing up when you walk into their presence? What is the matter with these people! :)

Scripture

Leviticus 19

32 “‘Stand up in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly and revere your God. I am the Lord.

Observation

I will admit that getting old(er) has proved to be pretty challenging!

I don’t know what it will be like when I get as old as you! :)

Living to be a “good old age” is a quote from the Bible about the life of King David:

28 And he died in a good old age, full of days, riches, and honour: and Solomon his son reigned in his stead.

 I love this verse about how God will take care of me in my old age:

Isaiah 46

I will be your God throughout your lifetime—
    until your hair is white with age.
I made you, and I will care for you.
    I will carry you along and save you.

As I young pastor many years ago I remember making the mistake of telling Kathy’s grandmother that she was blessed because God had allowed her to live to be 95 years old. I was visiting her after she had broken her hip and I was trying to encourage her. She reprimanded me saying, “Sonny this is no blessing. I am ready to be with the Lord.” She went on to live to be 105 years young. She was one tough cookie!

Every time I say to Kathy, “Man I am getting old!” she says, “Eddy, you are not getting old, you are old!” You got to love that kind of encouragement!

Application

So I will hold on to God’s promise found in Isaiah 46:4, “ I will be your God throughout your lifetime—until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.” 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You will be my God throughout my lifetime – as my hair turns gray and turns loose. You made me, and You will care for me. You will carry me along and You will save me. Thank You for all of Your promises.

Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 18,19; Psalms 13; Acts 19

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: