Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Joyful Are People Of Integrity


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Joyful
Are People
Of Integrity

Scripture

Psalm 119

Joyful are people of integrity,
    who follow the instructions of the Lord.


Observation

I looked up the definition of the word, “integrity” and found that it means honest and fair. 

It means someone who is moral. “Having integrity means doing the right thing in a reliable way. 

It's a personality trait that we admire, since it means a person has a moral compass that doesn't waver. It literally means having "wholeness" of character.”(vocabulary.com/dictionary/integrity)

If you are a dishonest, immoral scoundrel, then of course you are not a person of integrity. (vocabulary.com/dictionary/integrity)

He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest. He is a shield to those who walk with integrity. Proverbs 2:7

“Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert McDonald is apologizing for falsely claiming that he once served in the military's special forces.” "'I have no excuse,' McDonald told The Huffington Post, when contacted to explain his claim. 'I was not in special forces.'"

I don’t think Robert McDonald realized how much that “one lie” tarnishes his entire career. But before you and I jump to conclusions and criticize him for his shortcoming we must ask ourselves, “How are we doing in the area of integrity?”

Application

I will ask God to give me a “treasure of common sense” and I will ask Him to be my shield and I will ask Him to help me be a man of integrity. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for VA Secretary Robert McDonald. Help him be a man of integrity. Help him to do his job effectively in a way that will help our veterans and not harm them. Give me wisdom so that I can walk in a way that pleases You. Don’t let me mess up and cause You to be disappointed in me.

Daily Bible Reading:  Numbers 14,15,16; Mark 3; Psalm 119:1

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: