Wednesday, February 04, 2015

How Can I Know All The Sins Lurking In My Heart?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

How Can I
Know
All The Sins Lurking In My Heart? 

Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don’t let them control me.

Scripture

Psalms 19

12 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
    Cleanse me from these hidden faults.

 
13 Keep your servant from deliberate sins!
    Don’t let them control me.
Then I will be free of guilt
    and innocent of great sin.


14 May the words of my mouth
    and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,

 
    O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.


Observation

How can someone throw his child off of a bridge? How can men be so evil that they burn someone alive or behead them? We could go on and on with horrible stories, but the truth is we have a terrible heart problem. 

You and I are capable of any sin? Oh yes you are and so am I. 

We don’t know what evil sins lurk in our hearts. 

“The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? Jeremiah 17:9

The secret to having victory over our deceitful and desperately wicked hearts is spending time in prayer and being in God’s Word everyday!


    How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word and following its rules. I have hidden your word in my heart, hat I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:9,11

I was reading up on my physical heart last night and I am pretty sure after a lot of searching that I have what is medically called “Sick Sinus Syndrome”. The doctors have thought that I could have “Microvascular Disease” and they have been treating me for that (and I still might). 

This morning as I was reading God’s Word I was reminded that my spiritual heart also has a big problem. It has the “deceitful and desperately wicked disease problem”. It is called SIN. 

 Application

I will guard my heart against sin by being in God’s Word and I will ask the Lord to keep me from deliberate sins and not let them control me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, keep me from deliberate sins! Don’t let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:13-14


Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 37,38; Psalms 19; Acts 11

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: