Thursday, February 26, 2015

“Don’t Be Afraid. Just Have Faith.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

“Don’t
Be Afraid.
Just Have Faith.”

When impossible situations slam into our lives …




Scripture

Mark 5

36  …. “Don’t be afraid. Just have faith.”

Observation

It was his 12-year-old daughter that was close to death and Jairus had gone to get Jesus so Jesus could heal her. A sick woman who touched Jesus in the midst of a crowd delayed Jesus and Jairus on their way to Jairus’ home and Jesus took time to heal her.

It was at this moment when friends of Jairus came up and announced that Jairus’ daughter had died and they told Jairus not to bother the “Teacher” anymore. It was at this moment when Jesus turned to Jairus and said, “Don’t be afraid. Just have faith.”

You and I are going to experience some Jairus’ moments in the years ahead.

Sickness, tragedy, death, financial disaster, and other impossible situations are heading our way. When those impossible days arrive – Let’s remember and hold onto the words of Jesus, “Don’t be afraid. Just have faith.”

    “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." John 16:33

    Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10


   
 Application

When impossible situations slam into my life I will not be afraid. I will have faith. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high. I cried out to You, and You answered me from Your holy mountain. I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for You Lord were watching over me. I am not afraid of ten thousand enemies who surround me on every side. (Taken from Psalm 3)

You are my light and my salvation— so why should I be afraid? You are my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?  When evil people come to devour me, when my enemies and foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will not be afraid. Even if I am attacked, I will remain confident. (Taken from Psalm 27)

Daily Bible Reading:  Numbers 19,20; Psalms 28; Mark 5

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: