Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Seventy Years Are Given To Us! Some Even Live To Eighty, But Even The Best Years Are Filled With Pain And Trouble;


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Seventy Years Are Given To Us!
Some Even Live To Eighty,
But Even The Best Years Are Filled With Pain And Trouble; 

Teach us to realize the brevity of life …

Scripture

Psalm 90

10 Seventy years are given to us!
    Some even live to eighty.
But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble;
    soon they disappear, and we fly away.


12 Teach us to realize the brevity of life,
    so that we may grow in wisdom.


Psalm 92

12 But the godly will flourish like palm trees
    and grow strong like the cedars of Lebanon.

14 Even in old age they will still produce fruit;
    they will remain vital and green.


Observation

Reading Psalm 90 this morning reminded me that life is short and I am on the short end of the stick. I am glad that I kept on reading and had the chance to read Psalm 92. 

Even though Kathy and I (or at least me) are in the 4th quarter of life God gives us a great promise for these “golden years”. It is found in Psalm 92:12 & 14. Here is my paraphrased & personalized version:

12 “But Eddy and Kathy will flourish like palm trees and grow strong like the cedars of Lebanon. 14 Even in old age they will still produce fruit; they will remain vital and green.”

 Application

I will look for ways to produce fruit today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, life is so short. Every week, every month, every year goes by so quickly. So teach me to realize the brevity of life, so that I may grow in wisdom. And may You show us Your approval and make our efforts successful. Yes, make our efforts successful! Psalm 92:12,17 (personalized)

Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 3,4; Acts 25; Psalm 88-92

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: