Monday, February 23, 2015

Follow Me And Be My Disciple


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Follow
Me
And Be My Disciple

Are you a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ? Are you? 

Scripture

Mark 2

13 Then Jesus went out to the lakeshore again and taught the crowds that were coming to him.

 14 As he walked along, he saw Levi son of Alphaeus sitting at his tax collector’s booth. “Follow me and be my disciple,” Jesus said to him. So Levi got up and followed him.

15 Later, Levi invited Jesus and his disciples to his home as dinner guests, along with many tax collectors and other disreputable sinners. (There were many people of this kind among Jesus’ followers.) 16 But when the teachers of religious law who were Pharisees saw him eating with tax collectors and other sinners, they asked his disciples, “Why does he eat with such scum?”

17 When Jesus heard this, he told them, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.”


Observation

 I love this story. Jesus goes to the most hated, the most despised group of people that His enemies, the Pharisees could imagine and goes and has dinner with them. The Pharisees asked His disciples, “Why does He eat with such scum?”

Why does Jesus bother pursuing you and me?

I don’t know either but I am sure glad that in my case He did.

Jesus is pursuing you today. He wants you to have an abundant life here on this earth and He wants you to live forever with Him. He wants you to follow Him right now.

If you are reading this and you have been running from God let me encourage you to stop running. Matthew was a tax collector. He was the worst of the worst, but when he turned from his life of sin and turned to Christ God was able to use him and Jesus’ other disciples to change the world.

He wants to do the same thing with you. Don’t look around at someone else. He wants to do the same thing with you. That’s right – You!


Application

Today when I speak to the folks at Mission Tampa I will share with them this story. I will pray and ask God to open up their spiritual eyes and their spiritual hearts so that they can become followers of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for calling me to become a Christ follower. I know that I don’t deserve it. I know that I am a sinner. I pray for anyone reading this blog today that knows that God is pursuing him or her. I pray that they will surrender their lives to the Lord Jesus Christ and become disciples of Jesus today.

Daily Bible Reading:  Numbers 12,13; Psalms 90; Mark 2

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: