Friday, February 27, 2015

But Jesus Said, “You Feed Them.” “With What?” They Asked.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

But Jesus Said,
“You Feed Them.”
“With What?” They Asked.

What is God asking you to do today? 

Scripture

Mark 6

37 But Jesus said, “You feed them.”
“With what?” they asked.
….

38 “How much bread do you have?” he asked. “Go and find out.”
They came back and reported, “We have five loaves of bread and two fish.”


43 and afterward, the disciples picked up twelve baskets of leftover bread and fish. 44 A total of 5,000 men and their families were fed.


Observation

I can imagine how the disciples felt when Jesus told them to feed all of those people! It was an impossible task! How much food did they have between them? They only had five small loaves of bread and two small fish. It was a boy’s lunch. And they were looking out over a crowd that could have numbered as many as 20,000 people.

What is the lesson that you and I can learn from this story today?

What we have is more than enough to accomplish whatever God places on our hearts to do - when all that we have is surrendered to Him.

If we could do it in our own strength with our own resources then it would not require faith. It would not require the Supernatural hand of God!

So …

What has God placed on your heart? What has He asked me to do?

Let’s bring all of our resources to Jesus and put them in His hands and watch what happens.


    “For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need.”
 Philippians 4:13


“Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need!” Psalm 23:1
 
Application

I have all I need to do whatever God puts on my heart to do.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, why does it always seem that I lack the resources to accomplish the dreams that I think You have placed on my heart. Now I know that it is by faith that I must surrender everything that I have to You. When everything I have is in Your hands then I will lack nothing. Help me to walk in faith. Give me the ability to believe You for great things. Don’t let me settle for less than Your best for my life. Help me to dream big. Show me that I can trust in You.

    Now glory be to God, who by his mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of--infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes. Ephesians 3:20
   
Daily Bible Reading:  Numbers 21,22,23; Mark 6,7

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: