Saturday, February 28, 2015

LORD, Do Not Let Evil People Have Their Way.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

LORD,
Do Not Let
Evil People Have Their Way. 

Are you praying for the persecuted church? Our brothers and sisters are dying because they are “People of the Cross.”

Scripture

Psalm 140

Lord, do not let evil people have their way.
    Do not let their evil schemes succeed,

Let my enemies be destroyed
    by the very evil they have planned for me.
10 Let burning coals fall down on their heads.
    Let them be thrown into the fire
    or into watery pits from which they can’t escape.


Observation

I just came home from the Chris Tomlin, “Love ran red concert” and had to write this. During the concert I began thinking about all of the Christians that have been recently killed for being “People of the Cross”, and sadness came over me.

Here I stand worshiping with thousands of “People of the Cross” in the freedom and luxury of the USF Sundome while hundreds of Christians are being held prisoners by evil men in Syria and I am sure that they know that they will probably die as martyrs.

My heart goes out to all of my brothers and sisters in Christ that live in Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, and other predominately Muslim countries who are facing fierce persecution and death.

King David’s prayer for his enemies in Psalm 140 sounds like a good one to me. God will avenge. God will wipe out those doing these evil deeds. And they could not commit these terrible acts if God did not allow them to do it. God is Sovereign. God is in control. 

Vengeance is the Lord’s. 

Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say, “I will take revenge; I will pay them back,” says the Lord.  Romans 10:19

Payday will come for them and I pray that it comes soon.


Application

I will pray for the persecuted church especially those being held right now in Syria. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have given us Your word. And the world hates us because we do not belong to the world.  Jesus said in John 17 as He prayed for us, “I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one. They do not belong to this world any more than I do.” 

Lord, I pray that You keep safe those Christians who are living in places where evil men have taken control. Rescue them from harm. I know that nothing can separate them from the love of Christ. May the evil men that took Christians as prisoners be totally destroyed. Let these enemies be destroyed by the very evil they have planned for us.


Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 24,25,26,27; 1 Corinthians 13; Psalm 137-140

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: