Friday, February 13, 2015

May God Be Merciful And Bless Us. May His Face Smile With Favor On Us.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

May God Be Merciful And Bless Us.
May
His Face Smile With Favor On Us. 

The power of a blessing. This could change your marriage!

Scripture

Psalm 67

May God be merciful and bless us.
    May his face smile with favor on us.


Observation

This is what I encourage all married men to do before you go out the door to go to work. Give your wife a kiss goodbye and then pray a prayer of blessing over her (out loud so she hears your prayer!).

Kathy and I attended a Family Life Seminar a few years ago and one of the speakers encouraged all the men to pray a blessing over their wife before they went out the door to work. I had never been challenged to do that before.

I can tell you that as I prayed for Kathy each day I struggled to find a different, creative way to pray this morning blessing.

It was hard not to pray the same thing each morning and we laughed at some of the things that I came up with like, “Lord, give Kathy a great day today, or Lord, smile on Kathy today, or Lord, may Your face shine on Kathy today, etc.”

I can tell you it made a huge difference in our relationship. It probably did more for me than Kathy.

So kiss your wife before you go out the door, but also take a second and pray a short quick blessing over her. It can change your marriage!


Application

I don’t go out the door each morning to go to work. My bad heart is messing that up at the moment. So I think I will start praying a blessing on Kathy each night when I give her a good night kiss before we go to sleep.   

How about you what are you going to do? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, bless Kathy today. May Your face shine on her. Fill her with Your Presence and Your Power and Your Love. She is the greatest gift that You have ever given to me. Smile on her today. Thank You for bringing her into my life. Amen.

Daily Bible Reading: Leviticus 20,21,22; Acts 20; Psalm 62-67


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: