Saturday, February 21, 2015

Jehovah What A Holy, Awe-Inspiring Name That Is.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Jehovah
What A Holy,
Awe-Inspiring Name That Is.

Which of the many names of God gives you strength or hope this morning? 

Scripture

Psalm 111

9 He has paid a full ransom for his people; now they are always free to come to Jehovah (what a holy, awe-inspiring name that is).

Observation

Two words jumped out at me this morning as I read Psalm 111: The words “Ransom” and “Awe-inspiring or Awesome”.

For even I, the Messiah, am not here to be served, but to help others, and to give my life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45

We were ransomed. God paid a high price for us – His only Son’s death on the cross. Because we have been ransomed we can now freely come to our Heavenly Father any time we want. We have immediate access. We are blood bought. 

The other word is Awe-inspiring or awesome! 

We are to keep God’s name(s) Holy or Hallowed. We are not to use any of His names flippantly. 

All of His names describe who He is. For instance (I will just mention a few):

El Shaddai -All-Sufficient One, Lord God Almighty

El Elyon - The Most High God

Adonai - Lord, Master

Yahweh - Lord, Jehovah

Jehovah-Raah- the Lord shepherds me

Jehovah-Jireh - The Lord Will Provide

His names are Awesome! God is Awesome! He is worthy of all Praise.

 “Father” – this name for God is used 245 times in the New Testament.


    “So that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth.” Philip. 2:10

Application

I will pray to my Heavenly Father using the Awesome name of Jesus who has ransomed me from a life of sin and destruction.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is because of Jesus and what He did for me that I am Yours. You bought me with the blood of Your only Son. You are Awesome, Lord. You are the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Your name(s) are all awe-inspiring to me. Amen.

Daily Bible Reading

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: