Sunday, February 01, 2015

My Grace Is All You Need. My Power Works Best In Weakness.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

My Grace
Is
All You Need. My Power Works Best In Weakness. 

 Are you suffering today? Are you dealing with health problems that drag you down? 

Scripture

2 Corinthians 12

So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.

Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Observation

When you and I think of the Apostle Paul we usually don’t think about someone suffering everyday with a crippling health issue. We think of someone that was bold, strong and fearless, but the truth is that Paul was a wounded warrior and suffered every day. 

“…But we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.

We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. 10 Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies.

11 Yes, we live under constant danger of death because we serve Jesus, so that the life of Jesus will be evident in our dying bodies. 12 So we live in the face of death, but this has resulted in eternal life for you.” 2 Corinthians 4:7-12

You and I are like fragile clay jars! 

Are you suffering today? Are you dealing with health problems that drag you down?
Take heart today and be encouraged by these two Bible passages.

Application

I will take pleasure in my weaknesses today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am not the Apostle Paul and I know that I don’t know anything about suffering compared to him, but like him I rejoice today. Thank You for allowing me the privilege to know your Power through my weakness. Everyday I am reminded that when I am weak I am strong. Your grace is all that I need. Help me be Your witness today. Give me strength to live out this day in a way that makes You smile.


Daily Bible Reading Exodus 30,31,32; Acts 8; 2 Corinthians 4, 12

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: