Tuesday, February 16, 2016

God Cares About Honesty In The Workplace; Your Business Is His Business.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

God Cares About
Honesty In The Workplace;
Your Business Is His Business.

I finished reading a book a few weeks ago about the life of Christian businessman R.G. LeTourneau. The title of the book is  “Mover of Men and Mountains” and I highly recommend it for anyone seriously thinking of going into business. Here are just a few quotes that he makes in the book: “You will never improve unless you blame yourself for the troubles you have. Then when you realize your troubles are your own, you can take them to the Lord and He will give you guidance. Just don’t make the mistake of asking Him to believe the other fellow was to blame. When a man admits his mistakes, and is willing to learn from them with the Lord’s help, new worlds can open up.”


Scripture

Proverbs 16

11 God cares about honesty in the workplace;
    your business is his business. (MESSAGE)


Observation

I finished reading a book a few weeks ago about the life of Christian businessman R.G. LeTourneau. The title of the book is  “Mover of Men and Mountains” and I highly recommend it for anyone seriously thinking of going into business.

Here are just a few quotes that he makes in the book: 

 You will never improve unless you blame yourself for the troubles you have. Then when you realize your troubles are your own, you can take them to the Lord and He will give you guidance. Just don’t make the mistake of asking Him to believe the other fellow was to blame. p. 147

When a man admits his mistakes, and is willing to learn from them with the Lord’s help, new worlds can open up. p. 154

When the Lord has a job for you to do, He’ll give you the strength and the ability to do it. p. 206




As a multi-millionaire, LeTourneau gave 90% of his profit to God's work and kept only 10% for himself.

If I was going into business or if I was an owner of a business I would definitely read this book. 

But even for us who are not in business for ourselves this verse still holds true, God cares about honesty and our business is His business no matter what we are involved in.

Application

I will not blame someone else when I mess up. I will strive to be a Mover of Men. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is so easy to blame someone else for my failures and my shortcomings. Help me to man up and confess when I do things that are wrong. I pray for my friends who are in business. Help them to be godly examples of how to trust in You. Show them that they can rely on You. Help them to be honest. Help them to do things in the right way. Give them wisdom. Show them how to take care of their employees. Bless them as they put You first in everything that they do.


Daily Bible Reading:  Leviticus 26,27; Acts 23; Psalm 16, Proverbs 16



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: