Monday, February 29, 2016

When The Wicked Are In Authority, Sin Flourishes, But The Godly Will Live To See Their Downfall.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

When The Wicked Are In Authority,
Sin Flourishes,
But The Godly Will Live To See Their Downfall.



Scripture

Proverbs 29

When the godly are in authority, the people rejoice.
    But when the wicked are in power, they groan.

16 When the wicked are in authority, sin flourishes,
    but the godly will live to see their downfall.


Observation

Everyday as I watch and listen to the news and read about so called leaders that are aspiring to lead our country the sick feeling in my gut grows worse.

What in the world is wrong with us?

Is this the best we have in our nation to run for the highest office in the world?

My hope is not based on any one of these candidates?

This point in our history, what you and I see happening right now, reminds me of the children of Israel when they demanded a king. God gave them what they wanted even though He warned them that they were not going to like it!

I don’t think we are going to like what we get either!

I don’t have an answer for all this craziness, but I do know this, my God is in control. He is Sovereign. And I do know that the godly will see the downfall of the wicked that are in authority.

I have that on the authority of God’s Word.

It is God alone who judges; he decides who will rise and who will fall. Psalm 75:7



Application

I will pray for our President and our leaders. And I will trust totally in the authority of God’s Word. For me there is no king but King Jesus.



Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that this craziness does not catch You by surprise, but it does not make me feel good at all. I know from reading Your Word what happens when more and more wicked people are placed in positions of authority. So I pray for our current President today. I pray that You direct his heart and his thoughts. I pray that You surround him with godly men that can help him make good decisions. You tell me to pray for him and that is exactly what I am going to do. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Psalms 29; Proverbs 29




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: