Friday, February 05, 2016

He Was Eaten By Worms And Died


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

He Was
Eaten
By Worms And Died

Death by maggots! Okay, even if it wasn’t maggots, a slow death by slowing getting eaten by worms is still a horrible thought. Have you ever seen road kill up close? Pretty gross way to die. Mess with God’s anointed, or mess with His children and just watch what happens! You and I may not be able to see God’s revenge, but trust me God promises pay back to those who mistreat His children. If you are being mistreated and you belong to the Lord Jesus Christ then rest assured it will be a lot worse for them than it is for you.



Scripture

Acts 12

… Herod, wearing his royal robes, sat on his throne and delivered a public address to the people. 22 They shouted, “This is the voice of a god, not of a man.” 23 Immediately, because Herod did not give praise to God, an angel of the Lord struck him down, and he was eaten by worms and died.

24 But the word of God continued to spread and flourish.

Observation

Death by maggots! Okay, even if it wasn’t maggots, a slow death by slowing getting eaten by worms is still a horrible thought. Have you ever seen road kill up close? Pretty gross way to die!

Mess with God’s anointed, or mess with His children and just watch what happens! You and I may not be able to see God’s revenge, but trust me God promises pay back to those who mistreat His children.

If you are being mistreated and you belong to the Lord Jesus Christ then rest assured it will be a lot worse for them than it is for you.

Herod was evil. He accepted the praise that only God should have received and his demise was awful.

I love verse 24, “But the Word of God continued to spread and flourish.”

Kathy and I get the magazine produced by Voice of the Martyrs. In it I read this week about how many Christians are estimated to be in North Korea. It is believed that there are 100,000 Christians in North Korea and 30,000 of those believers have been placed in labor camps. It would pay the North Korean leaders to read the Bible to find out what happens to people that mess with God’s children.

Fidel Castro tried to eliminate the church in Cuba. For a time he put all of the pastors in prison and seminary students in labor camps. It only caused the churches to grow more rapidly. The church in Cuba and the church in the country of China have both flourished under cruel and harsh regimes. 

 Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say, “I will take revenge; I will pay them back,” says the Lord. Romans 12:19

I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me? Psalm 56:11

Application

I will lift up to the Lord my friends that live in Cuba. And I will pray for the persecuted church. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, continue to bless the church in Cuba. Give my friends in those churches strength and courage. Use them to reach their neighbors and to start new churches across the island. Thank You for each and every one of them. Give them boldness. I pray for the persecuted church around the world especially those living in North Korea. I have to admit that I really don’t even know how to pray for them. Give them courage. Give them boldness. Bless them in spite of their situation. Protect them with Your Divine Power.

Daily Bible Reading:  Exodus 39,40; Psalms 15; Acts 12



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: