Wednesday, February 03, 2016

For The LORD Was Watching Over Me.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

For The
LORD
Was Watching Over Me.



Scripture

Psalm 3

I lay down and slept,
    yet I woke up in safety,
    for the Lord was watching over me.
I am not afraid of ten thousand enemies
    who surround me on every side.


Observation

Who is watching over you? Bad things happen to us. Life is not all roses. We also get stuck by a lot of thorns.

The other day when I lost my balance and fell over backwards onto the concrete floor in our church’s maintenance shop I knew that the LORD was watching over me. He allowed me to fall but I believe that He guided me all the way down to the floor. I do believe that He has an angel watching over me.

I am bruised and scraped just behind my elbows and bruised on my shoulders, both of which must have taken the brunt of the fall and I think the cuts on my head, and on my ear and the knots on my head, my sore ribs, and my sore back are just a very good reminder to me to be more careful the next time I climb a ladder!

The point that I am making is that when we surrender our lives to the Lord Jesus Christ and ask Him to be our Lord and our Savior we become kids of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. God becomes our Heavenly Father and we are His. The Bible is full of promises to us. He is on our side. He has our back.

God will not stop all bad things from happening to us, but He will walk through those bad times with us and He will give us the victory!

“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
    I have called you by name; you are mine.


When you go through deep waters,
    I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
    you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
    you will not be burned up;
    the flames will not consume you.


For I am the Lord, your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. Isaiah 43:1-2


    "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Application

I am not afraid for the Lord is watching over me!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have examined my heart and know everything about me.
 You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do.  


You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You go before me and follow me.You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand!  I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence!  

If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there   If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me. I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night — but even in darkness I cannot hide from you. To you the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are the same to you. 

How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me! Psalm 139:1-12, 17-18


Daily Bible Reading:  Exodus 35,36; Acts 10; Psalm 3; Proverbs 3



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: