Monday, February 22, 2016

My Heart Has Heard You Say, “Come And Talk With Me.” And My Heart Responds, “LORD, I am coming.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

My Heart Has Heard You Say, “Come And Talk With Me.”
And
My Heart Responds, “LORD, I am coming.”



Scripture

Psalm 27

Hear me as I pray, O Lord.
    Be merciful and answer me!


My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.”
    And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.”


Observation


What God wants is for you and me to be in a relationship with Him.

He wants to talk to us and He wants us to talk to Him. God wants us to spend time with Him. He wants us to depend on Him.

Let’s stop right now and listen and maybe we will hear Him say, “Come and talk with me.”

If you have turned from sin and from selfish living and have asked the Lord Jesus Christ to save you from your sins, then you have God’s Holy Spirit living within you.

The same Holy Spirit that raised Jesus Christ from the dead resides in you!

When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future. John 16:13

Then He said, “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord.” And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice. I Kings 19:11-13

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you? I Corinthians 3:16

The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you. Romans 8:11


Application


I will listen for God’s still small voice today. How about you? 


Prayer

Heavenly Father, You say in Your Word, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” Help me to be still. Help me to hear Your voice when You speak. Open up my heart. Don’t let me miss what You want me to hear. I want my heart to hear You say, “Come and talk with me.” And I want my heart to respond back to You, “Lord, I am coming.”


Daily Bible Reading:  Numbers 10,11; Psalms 27; Mark 1




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: