Monday, February 01, 2016

“Look! There Is Some Water Why Can’t I Be Baptized?”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

“Look! There Is Some
Water
Why Can’t I Be Baptized?”



Scripture

Acts 8

35 So beginning with this same Scripture, Philip told him the Good News about Jesus.
36 As they rode along, they came to some water, and the eunuch said, “Look! There’s some water! Why can’t I be baptized?” 38 He ordered the carriage to stop, and they went down into the water, and Philip baptized him.

Observation

Baptism is like a wedding ring! 

I am married to Kathy. I wear the same ring that she gave me over 46 years ago. The ring on my finger tells all the girls that Eddy is already taken. It says to them, “Eddy is married. He has committed his life to someone.” He is in a marriage relationship.

Baptism is a symbol of a relationship. It is symbolic of a commitment that someone has made to the Lord Jesus Christ!

When someone gets baptized at our church we celebrate with him or her. It is exciting!

When you and I understand the Gospel message like the Ethiopian Eunuch did that day the next step is baptism! It is the first step of obedience!
Is Jesus Christ your Lord and your Savior? Have you been baptized as a testimony of this commitment to Him?
If you haven’t been baptized yet I would love to help you with that first step of obedience! Just let me know and we will set a date for your baptism!


Application

I will share the Gospel message that Jesus saves and I will encourage people to follow through with believer’s baptism! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, the story of Philip and the Ethiopian Eunuch is fascinating to me. Nothing was going to stop the eunuch from being baptized once that He heard about Jesus Christ. You prepared Philip and the Eunuch for that encounter out there in the middle of nowhere. I know that You are also preparing people for me to talk to today about Your Son Jesus Christ. Help me to be ready to share when I have the opportunity. Help the person respond like the Eunuch did. Help him or her say “Yes” to Jesus and help them follow through in believer’s baptism.


Daily Bible Reading:  Exodus 30,31,32; Acts 8



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: