Sunday, February 28, 2016

Love Never Gives Up, Never Loses Faith, Is Always Hopeful, And Endures Through Every Circumstance.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Love Never Gives Up,
Never Loses Faith,
Is Always Hopeful, And Endures Through Every Circumstance.

Love is more than an emotion. It is a choice. I don’t love him any more or I don’t love her any more really means, “I am choosing not to love him or her anymore.” Forget the “for better or worse” I am out of here. 1Corinthians 13 is all about “agape love” a love that only is available when someone has a relationship with God through the Lord Jesus Christ. If a person does not have Jesus Christ in his or her life as Lord and Savior then it is impossible to love like God describes in this chapter. 

Scripture

1 Corinthians 13

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.
 
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

Observation

If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. … If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.

Love is more than an emotion. It is a choice. I don’t love him any more or I don’t love her any more really means, “I am choosing not to love him or her anymore.” Forget the “for better or worse” I am out of here. 

1Corinthians 13 is all about “agape love” a love that only is available when someone has a relationship with God. If a person does not have Jesus Christ in his or her life as Lord and Savior then it is impossible to love like God describes in this chapter.  

“Most of the world operates by this simple premise: Love those who love you. Most people only get into relationships for what they can gain from them.  So if a relationship doesn’t give you what you want, you simply move onto a new relationship.” (Gleaned from my Sunday School material for today’s lesson.)


The kingdom of God does not operate the way the world does. 

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 


Application


I will strive to love those around me with 1 Corinthians 13 kind of love! How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, you tell me to love my enemies and pray for those who persecute me. You tell me to never give up, and to never lose faith. You tell me to always be hopeful and to endure through every circumstance. And with Your help I plan to do just that. Rejoice in the Lord! Again I say rejoice! I am going to rejoice in You today! Help me to love people with Your kind of selfless, sacrificial love.

I pray for my sister Bea today on her birthday. Bless her and her family. May Your face shine brightly on her and I pray that You give her many more years of life to be able to serve You.


Daily Bible Reading:  Numbers 24,25,26,27; 1 Corinthians 13



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: