Thursday, February 04, 2016

Guard Your Heart Above All Else, For It Determines The Course Of Your Life


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Guard Your Heart
Above All Else,
For It Determines The Course Of Your Life




Scripture

Proverbs 4

23 Guard your heart above all else,
    for it determines the course of your life.


Observation

How in the world do you guard your heart in a culture that is dead set on messing it up? You and I are constantly bombarded from every direction with bad stuff and that garbage is going to mess us up if we don’t do something to deflect it.

What can we do?

The answer can be found in God’s Word.

How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word.  I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:9,11 NIV
   
How can a young person live a clean life? By carefully reading the map of your Word.  I've banked your promises in the vault of my heart so I won't sin myself bankrupt. Psalm 119:9,11 MESSAGE

If you and I are not in God’s Word everyday we don’t have a chance of protecting our hearts.

Not a chance!

By your words I can see where I'm going; they throw a beam of light on my dark path. Psalm 119:105

Let me encourage you to open up your Bible, read a little everyday and watch how your life begins to change. If you need help or a suggestion about where to start send me a private message and let’s talk.

Application

I will guard my heart by being in God’s Word everyday. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, so many things pull me in the wrong direction. It is so easy to get off track. Help me stay in Your Word everyday and keep me from stupid sins, sins that will mess me up and take me in the wrong direction. Let Your Word light up my path and give me direction.  Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable and pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my [firm, immovable] rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 AMP



Daily Bible Reading:  Exodus 37,38; Psalms 19; Acts 11; Psalm 4; Proverbs 4




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: