Monday, February 08, 2016

O LORD, Our Lord, Your Majestic Name Fills The Earth!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

O LORD,
Our Lord,
Your Majestic Name Fills The Earth!



Scripture

Psalm 8

O Lord, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth!
    Your glory is higher than the heavens.


Observation

In an interview after the Super Bowl did you happen to hear Peyton Manning say that when he got home that he was going to pray a little prayer to the “man upstairs”! Ouch! I have never liked anyone referring to Almighty God as the man upstairs! Sorry, not even Peyton Manning! It made me do a quick check this morning on the names of God found in the Bible and see if God ever described Himself in that way.

Now before you go and get upset with me because I am saying something negative about Peyton I want you to know that I think that he is the greatest quarterback of all time. Peyton is the best when it comes to the game of football and I am so glad that they won the Super Bowl.

Oh and I am glad that Peyton did say that he was going to pray when he got home!

But! Come on!

God is King of Kings, Lord of Lords. He is the Alpha and Omega. The Most High God. The Mighty God. Everlasting Father. Creator. Master. Redeemer. Righteous Father.Comforter. I could go on and on!


Application

He is my Heavenly Father. He is my Lord and He is my Savior.  How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I love events like the Super Bowl because it gives Christians a platform to shine for You. I know that believers have the opportunity to bring You honor and glory with their testimonies. Thank You for allowing so many Christians to excel in sports. Thank You for the influence that Tony Dungy has on athletes, coaches and people all across our nation. Help him to remain faithful. Help him to continue to have a godly influence on the lives of these young men. Help him to continue to have an influence on guys like Peyton Manning. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Leviticus 7,8,9; Acts 15; Psalm 8, Proverbs 8



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: