Thursday, February 25, 2016

The LORD Gives His People Strength


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The LORD Gives
His
People Strength

Ever had one of those really rough terrible days when the crisis that is going on in the lives of those you love has left you totally wiped out, drained, and helpless? Nothing is more frustrating! You are left with the excruciating feeling of total helplessness! Now for the Good News … I opened up my Bible this morning and I read Psalm 29:11 that says to Eddy, “The LORD gives you strength. The LORD will bless you with peace.” Why can I say that … because I am a child of God.  I have been bought with a price. I am the LORD’s.


Scripture

Psalm 29

11 The Lord gives his people strength.
    The Lord blesses them with peace.


Observation

Ever had one of those really rough terrible days when the crisis that is going on in the lives of those you love has left you totally wiped out, drained, and helpless?

Nothing is more frustrating! You are left with the excruciating feeling of total helplessness!

Now for the Good News … I opened up my Bible this morning and I read Psalm 29:11 that says to Eddy, “The LORD gives you strength. The LORD will bless you with peace.” Why can I say that … because I am a child of God. 

I have been bought with a price. I am the LORD’s.


Application

He will give me strength. He will give me peace!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You tell me in Your Word,

“Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank him for his answers. [7] If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7

“Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.” Psalm 55:22

“Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.” 1 Peter 5:7

“He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.” Isaiah 40:29

“O Sovereign Lord, you have only begun to show your greatness and the strength of your hand to me, your servant. Is there any god in heaven or on earth who can perform such great and mighty deeds as you do?” Deuteronomy 3:24

Today I will cling to Your Word. I will believe Your Promises. You are my strength!

Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! The Sovereign Lord is my strength!” Habakkuk 3 17-19

Amen




   


Daily Bible Reading:  Numbers 17,18; Psalms 29; Mark 4



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: