Wednesday, February 17, 2016

I Am Praying To You, Because I Know You Will Answer, O God


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Am Praying
To You,
Because I Know You Will Answer, O God



Scripture

Psalm 17

I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God.
    Bend down and listen as I pray.
Show me your unfailing love in wonderful ways.



Observation

It was about 3 o’clock this morning when I woke up and was having trouble getting back to sleep. I have learned and maybe you have learned to that when you wake up in the middle of the night it is a great time to pray.

I began praying for some of you.

I actually ask the Lord, “Whom I should pray for” and as God brings people to my mind I pray for them.

I do that because I know that my God will answer me. So if you don’t already do this when you can’t sleep at night I heartily recommend that you begin a new habit and use the time to intercede for those God brings to your mind. 


Application

I will continue to pray to God because I know that He answers me when I pray.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your Word is full of Your promises that remind me that when I pray you listen and respond to my requests. 

    'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' Jeremiah 33:3

23 At that time you won’t need to ask me for anything. I tell you the truth, you will ask the Father directly, and he will grant your request because you use my name. 24 You haven’t done this before. Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy. John 16:23-24

    This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. [15] And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him. 1 John 5:14-15 

    I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone-- 1 Tim. 2:1 

Help me to keep my prayers focused on those around me and not on myself. I pray today for those who are struggling with health issues. Give them strength. Heal their bodies. I pray for those who are struggling with relationships. Give them wisdom. For those who are struggling with addictions give them victory. Bring good friends into their lives that will help them to walk in sobriety.

   

Daily Bible Reading:  Numbers 1,2; Acts 24; Psalm 17; Proverbs 17



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: