Saturday, February 20, 2016

The LORD Is My Shepherd I Have All That I Need.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The LORD Is My Shepherd
I Have
All That I Need. 

Contentment! You and I live in a culture where everyday we are bombarded with advertisements that have one purpose in mind: to make us feel like we need something newer, shinier, better, and if we don’t get it quickly then we are really missing out on life. Then they say something crazy like, “You deserve this!” Just go into a McDonald's restaurant order your food, and tell your young child that they can’t have a “Happy Meal” and just see what happens! The entire family will be “Unhappy” unless that kid gets that “Happy Meal”.

Scripture

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd;
    I have all that I need.



Observation

Contentment! You and I live in a culture where everyday we are bombarded with advertisements that have one purpose in mind: to make us feel like we need something newer, shinier, better, and if we don’t get it quickly then we are really missing out on life. Then they say something crazy like, “You deserve this!”

Smart phones, now smart watches, laptops then there were tablets, and then there were laptops that came apart to be either a laptop or a tablet.

Skateboards then there were hoverboards!

Just go into a McDonalds restaurant order your food, and tell your young child that they can’t have a “Happy Meal” and just see what happens! The entire family will be “Unhappy” unless that kid gets that “Happy Meal”.

It is so easy to be tricked into living life unhappy and feeling discontented.

Say these words with me this morning:
The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need.
Period. End of story!


Application

The Lord is my shepherd. I have all that I need.
So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content. I Timothy 6:8



Prayer


Heavenly Father, because You are my shepherd; I have all that I need. You let me rest in green meadows; You lead me beside peaceful streams. You renew my strength. You guide me along right paths, bringing honor to Your name.  Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for You are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.  Psalm 23 Personalized 


Daily Bible Reading:  Numbers 7; Psalms 23; Acts 27




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: