Friday, February 26, 2016

Don’t Be Afraid Just Have Faith


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Don’t Be
Afraid
Just Have Faith


Scripture

Mark 5

35 While he was still speaking to her, messengers arrived from the home of Jairus, the leader of the synagogue. They told him, “Your daughter is dead. There’s no use troubling the Teacher now.”
36 But Jesus overheard them and said to Jairus, “Don’t be afraid. Just have faith.”

Observation

There may be times when we come to the end of all hope. Jairus had just heard people say, “Your daughter is dead. There’s no use troubling the Teacher now.”

I couldn’t imagine how Jairus felt when he heard those words, “Your daughter is dead.”

Jesus overheard them and said to Jairus, “Don’t be afraid. Just have faith.”

People laughed at Jesus with scorn as He entered the house. Their laughter of unbelief and ridicule quickly changed as Jesus raised the 12-year-old girl back to life again.

Unbelief. Maybe you are at the point in your life where you just don’t really know if Jesus is all that the Bible says that He is. Maybe you are at a point of unbelief in your life and question whether Jesus Christ is God Himself?

Fair enough, but would you at least take the time to read God’s Word and ask God to show you whether or not His claims are true?

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are good starting points for your spiritual journey.

Today’s Bible reading for me took me to the Gospel of Mark. Chapter five of Mark’s Gospel shows us just how powerful Jesus Christ is!


Application

As I read this chapter I was reminded me that Jesus is constantly changing lives and that I should never give up on anyone!

When I find myself in a bad, sad, and totally impossible situation His word to me comes in verse 36, “Don’t be afraid. Just have faith”.

Maybe that is the same Word that you need today!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for those today who lack the faith to believe in You. They are searching, but they are living their lives as unbelievers. Help them to see. Give them spiritual understanding. Help them to be people of faith today. Show them that they can put their trust in You. Show them that You Word is true. Open up their spiritual eyes. Give them spiritual understanding so they can believe. 

Today I walk by faith and not by sight. You are my Lord and my Savior. Nothing is too hard for You. 



Daily Bible Reading:  Numbers 19,20; Psalms 28; Mark 5




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: