Saturday, June 24, 2017

But If We Have Food And Clothing, We Will Be Content With That.

But If We Have Food
And Clothing,
We Will Be Content With That.

Scripture
1 Timothy 6
But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.
Observation

Are you there yet? I am not.

Are you content in life with just food and clothing?

I read what the Apostle Paul said in 1 Timothy 6:6 and I have to admit that I am not spiritually there yet. I consider a roof over my head still a necessity, and a car still a necessity, and air conditioning in my house and in my car, yes, for me still a necessity, but the truth is that the simpler you and I make our lives the more content we will be.

You have to admit that the more stuff we have to worry about the more discontented we are and the more stressed out we become!

Great gain is not having more stuff … great gain is godliness with contentment.

Let's continue to simplify!

2 Corinthians 6

1Our hearts ache, but we always have joy. We are poor, but we give spiritual riches to others. We own nothing, and yet we have everything.
Application
I will continue to look for ways to simplify my life. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know how stressful it is for me when our old car starts showing its age like it did yesterday. Help me to be content with just food and clothing. Help us simplify our lives more and more everyday so that what is important to You will be the most important to us. Help me trust You completely 100%!


Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 11,12; 2 Chronicles 24; 1 Timothy 6





No comments: