Wednesday, June 28, 2017

I Have Fought The Good Fight, I Have Finished The Race, And I Have Remained Faithful

I Have Fought The Good Fight,
I Have Finished The Race,
And I Have Remained Faithful
Scripture
2 Timothy 4
6 As for me, my life has already been poured out as an offering to God. The time of my death is near.
7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful.
8 And now the prize awaits me—the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his appearing.
Observation

The Apostle Paul is looking back on his life. He knows that he is close to the end of his life and he is looking forward to what lies ahead! How about you? Are you afraid to die? Here is what I am afraid of and it is not dying; it is not being able to say, “I fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful.”
I don't know about you, but I want to finish well!
Application
I look forward to the prize that awaits me – the crown of righteousness! How about you? Lets finish well!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know that I am not afraid to die. I have been there and done that. I am afraid of not finishing well. I want You to be able to say to me, “well done my good and faithful servant.” So help me to live my life in a way that makes You smile. I pray for those who are sick. Give them strength. Give them courage. I pray that You heal them. Show them that they can trust in You.
Daily Bible Reading: Amos 1,2,3; Psalms 80; 2 Timothy 4




No comments: