Monday, June 12, 2017

Do Everything Without Complaining Or Arguing


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Do Everything
Without
Complaining Or Arguing


Scripture

Philippians 2

Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.

You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.

Though he was God,
    he did not think of equality with God
    as something to cling to.
Instead, he gave up his divine privileges
    he took the humble position of a slave
    and was born as a human being.
When he appeared in human form,
    he humbled himself in obedience to God
    and died a criminal’s death on a cross.


14 Do everything without complaining and arguing,
 
15 so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people.

Observation

Don’t be selfish! I don’t know about you but when I start complaining and arguing it is a pretty good sign that Eddy Williams needs an attitude adjustment. 

At 5am this morning I was lying in bed trying to think of a good example of an earthly father from the Word of God. Can you think of one?

I am going to preach at West Broad Baptist church this coming Sunday, June 18 on Father’s Day. Good Moms in scripture, oh, I could think of them immediately but I am still scratching my head searching for an example of a Dad that did it right. Let me know if you can think of one!

I know that I have made plenty of mistakes when it comes to my role as Dad and maybe you have too. I wish I could go back and correct all of those mess ups, but I can’t.

What I can still do and what you can still do is live a godly life in front of our children and grandchildren. And we can show our kids and our grandkids that we still love them no matter what! It is what our Heavenly Father does! He loves us no matter what!

 We have a Heavenly Father to imitate. He is the perfect example of the perfect Dad. And even if we haven’t been the best “Father example” to our kids, they do have a Heavenly Father they can turn to any time day or night … all they have to do is humble themselves, turn to Him and seek His help.

My Mom and Dad never took me, my brother or my two sisters to church one time while we were growing up. Not once! My Dad was not a godly influence in my life. He used God’s name and Jesus’ name only to curse when he was angry. I especially remember him cursing and using God’s name in vain when he was angry with me.

Although he was not a very good example of how to be a godly father, I do think that he and my Mom did the best that they could. I am not and I cannot blame my poor parenting skills on them or on anyone else.


 Application

Yes, I have lots of regrets when it comes to my role as “Dad”, but God is not finished with me yet! So I will keep praying for my children and my grandchildren and I will never give up asking God to draw them to a closer relationship with Him. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want to have the same servant attitude of Jesus Christ. I want to imitate You in the way I live. Help me to be a godly example to my wife, my children and my grandchildren and to those around me. I want them to see Jesus in me. Help my children to be good parents and to be good examples. Help them to imitate You in how they live. Help them to be godly examples to their children. Flood their hearts with Your love. You are a Mighty God. Nothing is too hard for You. 


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Kings 12; 2 Chronicles 10,11; Philippians 2




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: