Saturday, June 03, 2017

As Iron Sharpens Iron, A Friend Sharpens A Friend


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

As Iron
Sharpens Iron,
A Friend Sharpens A Friend


Scripture

Proverbs 27

    [17] As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend. 

Observation

Who is your very best friend? You and I need friends. We need good friends and we need some best friends.

Lets reach out to someone and begin or improve our friendship with them. It is both sad and true that most men typically don’t have very many close friends. Even us pastors are not good at making and maintaining close friends.

I just read 1 Samuel 18:1, … “Jonathan loved David as much as he loved himself.”

You and I need a few “Jonathan/David” kinds of relationships in our lives.

Look around … who has God brought into your life as a friend. Why not work on making that friendship stronger for the benefit of both of you! 

 Application

I will look for a way to do something special for one of my close friends. How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be a good friend that my friends can rely on. Show me how to be a better friend to those that you have brought into my life. Give me a heart like Jonathan’s and help me to have that kind of love for my friends, a sacrificial love for them.
Daily Bible Reading:  Proverbs 25,26,27; Romans 15




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: