Sunday, June 11, 2017

Every Time I Think Of You, I Give Thanks To My God


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Every Time I Think Of You,
I Give Thanks
To My God



Scripture

Philippians 1

Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy, for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now. And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

So it is right that I should feel as I do about all of you, for you have a special place in my heart.

Observation

As I read how much the Apostle Paul cared for the believers in Philippi and how he prayed for them it made me think of you. 

God has given me the ministry of praying for you. At least everyone that reads this simple blog that I put up on Facebook I have the privilege of praying for. And over the past 5 years (soon to be 6!) we have gone through a lot of difficult things together and we have celebrated a lot of great things too. 

I have watched God radically change some of your lives! It has been miraculous! It is amazing seeing what God has done. 

My life and your life can be turned upside down in a split second. Things change so quickly. Everyday we face a set of new challenges. 

So prayer and having a prayer partner that will be there for us and who will pray with us is so important. 

“So it is right that I should feel as I do about all of you, for you have a special place in my heart.” (Philippians 1:7 personalized)

 Application

I will keep praying for you. I hope that you will pray for us too!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, as I look back over these past almost 6 years since my heart attack, I realize that I love and care for people who I pray for that I haven’t even met or that I haven’t even seen since high school. Thank You for allowing me this privilege. I know that there is nothing more important for me to do and if I had been completely well I probably would have missed this opportunity. Thank You Lord for slowing me down. I pray for any person that may read this blog today. Bless them Lord. Show them that they can trust You with whatever life brings their way today. Nothing is too hard for You.

Daily Bible Reading:  Song of Solomon 5,6,7,8; Philippians 1




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: