Sunday, June 18, 2017

Devote Yourselves To Prayer With An Alert Mind And A Thankful Heart.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Devote Yourselves To Prayer
With An Alert Mind
And A Thankful Heart.


Scripture

Colossians 4

Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart. Pray for us, too, that God will give us many opportunities to speak about his mysterious plan concerning Christ. That is why I am here in chains. Pray that I will proclaim this message as clearly as I should.

Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.

Observation

Attitude is everything! How is your attitude today? 

Have you spent time with God in prayer and have you done it with a thankful heart? The Apostle Paul in prison, in chains, is encouraging us to not only pray but to pray with a heart filled with gratitude towards God.  

How often do you pray? When I ask that question of people I am surprised with the answers that I hear. 

So let me ask you, “How often do you pray? Have you stopped and taken time to pray today? And when you pray do you pray with a thankful heart?”
 
Philippians 4:6-7

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
 
Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 

Colossians 3:16

Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts.

Hebrews 12:28

Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe.

Application

As I talk to God today I will pray with a grateful, thankful heart. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Thank You for loving me just for who I am. You know everything about me and You still love me. Thank You for being so kind and generous to me. I am blessed.

I pray for anyone that may read this blog today. Help him or her to have a heart filled with gratitude toward You today. Show them just what a wonderful God You are. 


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 18,19; Colossians 4




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: