Tuesday, June 27, 2017

God Will Overthrow You, For He Has The Power To Help You Or To Trip You Up.

God Will Overthrow You,
For He Has
The Power To Help You Or To Trip You Up.

Scripture
2 Chronicles 25
7 But a man of God came to him and said, “Your Majesty, do not hire troops from Israel, for the Lord is not with Israel. He will not help those people of Ephraim! 8 If you let them go with your troops into battle, you will be defeated by the enemy no matter how well you fight. God will overthrow you, for he has the power to help you or to trip you up.”

9 Amaziah asked the man of God, “But what about all that silver I paid to hire the army of Israel?”
The man of God replied, “The Lord is able to give you much more than this!” 10 So Amaziah discharged the hired troops and sent them back to Ephraim. This made them very angry with Judah, and they returned home in a great rage.
Observation

Two Biblical truths jumped out at me as I read this passage in 2 Chronicles 25: 1. If there is One true God (and there is) then He has the power to help you and me or trip us up! 2. The Lord is able to give us much more than we could even imagine!
King Amaziah listened to the man of God and dismissed the hired troops and God gave him the victory. King Amaziah was worried about all of the silver that he had spent on hiring those troops, but the man of God assured him that God was able to give him back much more than what he had already spent.
When we totally trust in the Lord to take care of us then He will fight our battles for us and He will generously provide all that we need. And if we ignore God, of course He has the power to trip us up! It is both a promise and a warning!


Application
I will trust in the Lord and not rely on my own strength. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, as I read these stories in Your Word I realize that they are there for me to see Your heart. I know that they are written so that I can understand and know You better. Thank You for taking such good care of us. You have taken care of every one of our needs. We are blessed. Help me to be generous with what You have provided us. Thank You for all of those who have been so generous to us. You are my Mighty God. Nothing is too hard for you!


Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 13,14; 2 Chronicles 25; 2 Timothy 3





No comments: