Wednesday, June 21, 2017

The Battle Is Not Your Battle. It Is God’s Battle. Have Faith In The Lord Your God. Then You Will Stand Strong.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The Battle Is Not Your Battle.
It Is God’s Battle.
Have Faith In The Lord Your God. Then You Will Stand Strong.



Scripture

2 Chronicles 20

15 And he said: “Listen to me, King Jehoshaphat! Listen, all you people living in Judah and Jerusalem! The Lord says this to you: ‘Don’t be afraid or discouraged because of this large army. The battle is not your battle. It is God’s battle.

17 You won’t need to fight in this battle. Just stand strong in your places. You will see the Lord save you. Judah and Jerusalem, don’t be afraid. Don’t be discouraged. The Lord is with you.

20 Jehoshaphat’s army went out into the Desert of Tekoa early in the morning. As they were starting out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, “Listen to me, people of Judah and Jerusalem! Have faith in the Lord your God. Then you will stand strong. Have faith in the Lord’s prophets. Then you will succeed.”

29 All the kingdoms of the lands around them heard how the Lord had fought Israel’s enemies. So they feared the Lord.

Observation

No matter what battle you and I are facing today or what we will face tomorrow this truth is very clear: If we are children of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords the battle is never our battle. It is always God’s battle. So let’s let Him do the fighting for us.


 How do we do that? We have faith in the Lord our God. We stand strong. And we will succeed.

I love what King Jehoshaphat did as he went out to fight the enemy that had come against him. He placed singers in front of his army and they sang praises to God as they went out to face their enemy.

21 Jehoshaphat listened to the people’s advice. Then he chose men to be singers to the Lord. They were to praise the Lord because he is holy and wonderful. They marched in front of the army. They said,

“Thank the Lord.
    His love continues forever.”


22 As they began to sing and praise God, the Lord set ambushes.
Are we facing some enemies this morning? Then it is time to sing His praises!

Application

I will let God fight my battles. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t ever let me fight my own battles. Always remind me to trust You to do the fighting for me. Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world! When You are on my side who can stand against me! You are All-Powerful. Nothing is too hard for You! I praise You this morning! You are worthy of Praise!


Daily Bible Reading:  2 Kings 6,7; 2 Chronicles 20; 1 Timothy 3



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: