Tuesday, June 20, 2017

I Also Want Women To Wear Clothes That Are Right For Them. They Should Dress With Respect And Right Thinking.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Also Want Women To Wear
Clothes That Are Right For Them.
They Should Dress With Respect And Right Thinking. 



Scripture

1 Timothy 2

9 I also want women to wear clothes that are right for them. They should dress with respect and right thinking. They should not use fancy braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes to make themselves beautiful.

1 Peter 3

Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God. This is how the holy women of old made themselves beautiful.

Observation

I didn’t make the above comment, the Apostle Paul did, but I will give it a hearty Amen! Honestly, I am shocked at what I see some women wearing on Sundays when they attend church. 

Ladies, do us men a favor and dress in a way that helps us look at the beauty that is in your eyes and in your face. Don’t dress in a way that draws our attention to the way that God has made all the other parts of your body! Think about what you are doing! Dress with respect and right thinking!

Now I am not talking about those who are new to church. I am not talking about those who are seekers or unbelievers, or even brand new baby Christians who don’t know any better, no I am talking about women who profess a mature relationship with Jesus Christ, but that don’t wear clothes that are right for them. 

1 Peter 3


4 You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.

 Application

I will keep my eyes focused where they are supposed to be focused. How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to live in a way that brings You honor and glory. Help me to gently encourage others when I see them going in the wrong direction or doing something that is not helpful for them or doing something that is not beneficial for Your kingdom.  And help others do the same thing for me.


Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 4,5; Psalms 83; 1 Timothy 2




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: