Saturday, June 10, 2017

For We Are Not Fighting Against Flesh And Blood Enemies


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

For We Are Not Fighting
Against
Flesh And Blood Enemies

Scripture

Ephesians 6

10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
 
11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.
 
12 For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

Observation

Okay, I know this sounds spooky and scary, but it is true. Satan and all of his cronies (who Paul describes as evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, mighty powers in this dark world, evil spirits in the heavenly places) are out to crush and destroy us.  And that is why we need to put on all of God’s armor so we can stand firm against all of the strategies of the devil.

Your enemies and my enemies are not the people in our lives that may seem to be opposing us or bothering us. No, our enemies, according to the Apostle Paul are way bigger and are way more powerful than these people around us with skin on!

We fight against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. 

 Are you oppressed and feeling beat up on today, and but can’t quite figure out just why you are feeling that way … well that pretty much describes the way I feel this morning … So here is what I am going to do and I think that it will work for you too. 

I am going to put on all of God’s armor so that I will be able to stand firm against all that the devil is throwing at me. We are not fighting against flesh and blood enemies!

Application

I will put on all of God’s armor today. How about you?

Ephesians 6


10-12 And that about wraps it up. God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we’ll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels.

13-18 Be prepared. You’re up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it’s all over but the shouting you’ll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You’ll need them throughout your life. God’s Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other’s spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I stand my ground today against the evil one and all of his cronies. I am putting on Your armor so that I can stand and resist the enemy. I know that this battle is bigger than what I can see. It is a battle against the devil and all of his strategies. Help me to stand strong. You are Mighty to save. You are my Strength. I will trust in You!


Daily Bible Reading:  Song 1,2,3,4; Ephesians 6





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: