Sunday, June 25, 2017

God Has Not Given Us A Spirit Of Fear And Timidity, But Of Power, Love, And Self-Discipline.

God Has Not Given Us A Spirit Of Fear And Timidity,
But Of Power,
Love, And Self-Discipline.

Scripture
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
Observation

Man up! 
God did not save us for us to be a bunch of wimps! He has not given us a Spirit of fear and timidity! He has given us a Spirit of power, love, and self-discipline! 
Don't tell me you can't quit that old habit! Don't tell me that you can't tell someone about Jesus! Don't tell me that you can't love him or her anymore! 
Yes you can – we have been empowered by God's Holy Spirit – so lets live like it! 
Lets man up!
2 Peter 1:3
3 By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.
Philippians 4:13
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
Application

I have God's Holy Spirit living inside of me. I am empowered with everything that I need to live a godly life. I have no excuse. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, don't let me try to make excuses for why I sin. Why I don't share the Gospel. Why I don't love people the way I should. I have no excuse. You have given me Your Holy Spirit. I have everything that I need to live a godly life.

Daily Bible Reading: Joel 1,2,3; 2 Timothy 1





No comments: