Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Everything Else Is Worthless When Compared With The Infinite Value Of Knowing Christ Jesus My Lord.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Everything Else Is Worthless
When Compared With The Infinite Value Of
Knowing Christ Jesus My Lord. 


Scripture

Philippians 3

Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ

10 I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, 11 so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead!

Observation


GREED!

It is the assumption that all that I have is for my own consumption! You and I can be poor and still be greedy and we can be well off and greedy.

Greed is not measured by how much I accumulate or how much money I earn or the income I have coming in, but rather whether I am using all that God has provided, selfishly on “Me, Myself, and I”! 

Here is a test to see how greedy we are based on Philippians 3:8: On a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being “Totally not in agreement with Paul” and 10 being “Yes, I completely agree with Paul”. 

Where would we place ourselves on a scale from 1 to 10?

Matthew 6:24

“No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and be enslaved to money.

Luke 6:38

38 Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.

Malachi 3:10

10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!

Philippians 4:19

19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

….

Saving and Spending but not being Generous in our Giving = Greed! 

Application

I want to be like the Apostle Paul and have his desire and drive to know Christ and experience the Power that raised Him from the dead.    How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, from Genesis to Revelation, from the first page in the Bible to the last, You are saying, “Trust me”. Help me to walk by faith and not by sight. I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection. I want to experience the mighty power that raised Him from the dead. Don’t let me get myself sidetracked worrying about the things of this world. Help me stay focused on You. Put on my heart today the important things that I need to be concerned with and don’t let me waste this day worrying about stuff that doesn’t matter. You are my mighty God. You are All-Powerful. Nothing is too hard for You.

I pray for my son Eddie today on his birthday. I pray and ask that You bless him. May Your face shine with favor on Him today. Bring strong Christian friends into his life to help him live his life in a way that brings You the most glory and the most honor. Keep him away from stupid sins that will destroy and hurt his life. Help him to be a man of integrity and honesty and bless him in his work. 


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Kings 13,14; 2 Chronicles 12; Philippians 3

                       




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: