Monday, September 09, 2019

And So, Lord, Where Do I Put My Hope? My Only Hope Is In You.


And So, Lord,
Where Do I Put My Hope?
My Only Hope Is In You.
Scripture
Psalm 39
4 “Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.
    Remind me that my days are numbered—
    how fleeting my life is.
5 You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.
    My entire lifetime is just a moment to you;
    at best, each of us is but a breath.” 
6 We are merely moving shadows,
    and all our busy rushing ends in nothing.
We heap up wealth,
    not knowing who will spend it.
7 And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?
    My only hope is in you.
Observation
Early this morning I started to pass out. I was at our kitchen table reading this passage and spending time with the Lord when suddenly I started to pass out.
The only thing that I could think of doing was to cry out to the Lord and ask Him not to let me pass out. I am okay. I did not pass out!
I have to admit that it is scary for me when something like this happens because I don't know if it is my heart messing up and I am about to go unconscious and get shocked by my defibrillator.
I live with the fact that my heart can at any time go into a dangerous super fast arrhythmia and drop me unconscious. Without my defibrillator shocking my heart back into rhythm I would be dead within a couple of minutes. So far it has shocked me back to life 4 times! And I know that there is no guarantee that it is going to work.
I shared all of that, way too much information I know, to make this point, “life is short”. It can be over in a moment!
So Psalm 39 is very timely for me this morning!
Application
And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?
    My only hope is in you.
How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for taking such good care of me. I know that You are constantly watching over me and my family. I put my hope in You and in You alone.
Daily Bible Reading: Lamentations 1,2; Obadiah; Revelation 14: I added: Psalm 39, Psalm 139; Proverbs 9



No comments: