Sunday, September 08, 2019

Praise The Lord!


Praise
The
Lord!
Scripture
1 Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord from the heavens!
    Praise him from the skies!

2 Praise him, all his angels!
    Praise him, all the armies of heaven!

3 Praise him, sun and moon!
    Praise him, all you twinkling stars!

4 Praise him, skies above!
    Praise him, vapors high above the clouds!

5 Let every created thing give praise to the Lord,
    for he issued his command, and they came into being.
Observation
It is Sunday! Let's praise the Lord! Let's also praise the Lord Monday through Saturday too!
Our Bible study lesson today focuses on Philippians 4 and one of the verses that we cover in our lesson is Philippians 4:4, Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
You and are not to rejoice in our circumstances, which sometimes are good, but many times they are not. We are to rejoice in the Lord!
The Apostle Paul wrote Philippians 4:4 from a jail cell. I don't think his circumstances gave him any reason to rejoice.
So today you and I must look beyond our circumstances and rejoice in the Lord!
Application
I will rejoice in the Lord today!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to look beyond my circumstances and help me to find my joy in You. Help me to glance at my circumstances and let my gaze be focused on You. Help me to find my joy in my relationship with You and not in anything else.
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 42,43,44; Psalms 48; Revelation 13; I added: Psalm 38, Psalm 148; Proverbs 8
> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.



No comments: