Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Better Is One Day In Your Courts Than A Thousand Elsewhere;


Better
Is One Day In Your Courts
Than A Thousand Elsewhere;
Scripture
Psalm 84
10 Better is one day in your courts
    than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
    than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

Observation

Some people miss church on Sunday at the drop of a hat to do something else: birthday parties, football games, kid's sports activities, Disney World, Busch Gardens, fishing, hunting, etc.
This past Sunday we had to miss church at our church because we were at a wedding in Savannah, Georgia, so we went to a friend's church one hour and fifteen minutes outside of Savannah.
It was good to see our friends and hear my pastor buddy Russell Lyle preach, but we missed being at our church.
We missed seeing a lot of you!
My favorite thing to do on Sunday morning at our church is to greet people as they come up to the church from the parking lot. I guess that is why this verse jumped out at me today because “I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God” just like the Psalmist would!
Application
I will look forward to being back at our church this coming Sunday!
How about you? Hope you don't let any other activities keep you away from church this Sunday!
Prayer
Heavenly Father, church and church attendance is Your idea. You have told us not to neglect meeting together. Help me to have the right attitude when I am at church this Sunday. Don't let me be distracted by stuff that is not the main thing. Give me a heart to hear and obey Your Word. I pray for my pastors today. Give them wisdom and the strength to lead us. Bless them, Lord. May Your face shine on each one of them and their families.
Daily Bible Reading: Ezra 1; Psalms 84,85; Luke 7



No comments: