Wednesday, September 04, 2019

Don't Get Sidetracked.


Don't
Get
Sidetracked.
Scripture
Proverbs 4
25 Look straight ahead,
    and fix your eyes on what lies before you.

26 Mark out a straight path for your feet;
    stay on the safe path.

27 Don’t get sidetracked;
    keep your feet from following evil.

Observation

All of us have the tendency to get sidetracked easily, don't we! At my age, it is easy to get sidetracked!

It is easy to forget what I was supposed to be doing. I can walk out to the garage and forget why I went out there. Or I walk out to the garage and start doing something totally different than what I went out there to do and then only later remembering what I was supposed to be out there doing.

But don't laugh you do it too!

Getting sidetracked in that way might be frustrating but pretty harmless, but getting sidetracked by sin, now that is something that is way more serious, way more dangerous and way more destructive!

The temptation is always there, it is there 24/7, for us to get off track, for us to get off the safe path.

So let's stay on track! Let's continue doing the next right thing!

Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
    do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
    and he will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 4:23
23 Guard your heart above all else,
    for it determines the course of your life.
Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.
Application

I will ask the Lord to keep me on the right path.

How about you?

Psalm 25:4
Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is so easy for me to get sidetracked and doing something that is not the most important. Guide me today. Keep me away from stupid sins. Sins that would get me off the path that You want me to walk. Help me to focus on what is most important. Put on my heart those things that You want me to do and make sure that I do them.
I pray for any person reading this blog today. Keep them on the right path. Keep them away from stupid sins that would cause them to get sidetracked. Help them today to walk in victory.
Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 22,23,24; Revelation 9; I added: Psalm 4, Psalm 44; Proverbs 4



No comments: