Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Hailstones Weighing As Much As Seventy-five Pounds Fell From The Sky Onto The People Below.


Hailstones Weighing
As Much As Seventy-five Pounds Fell From The Sky
Onto The People Below.
Scripture
Revelation 16
21 There was a terrible hailstorm, and hailstones weighing as much as seventy-five pounds fell from the sky onto the people below. They cursed God because of the terrible plague of the hailstorm.
Observation
You want to see “climate change” - Revelation 16 describes some serious climate change! Seventy-five-pound chunks of ice coming down from the sky, now, that is some serious climate change!
Sadly, instead of repenting of their sins, the people cursed God because of the plague of the seventy-five-pound hailstorm!
The terrible future events that we find in Revelation are hard to read about!
So it is a good thing for me that I know how the story ends!
We blame current climate change or what we think is climate change on all kinds of different things, but in Revelation God tells us the cause of climate change. It is caused by man's rebellion against God. It is caused by our sinfulness!
Strongest hurricanes on record, coldest winters, hottest summers, enormous fires, these are just the beginning – we haven't seen seventy-five-pound hailstones yet!
I don't know about you but I am glad that I have a personal relationship with the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I am glad that the Creator of this entire Universe calls me friend!
John 15:12-14
12 This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. 13 There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.
Daniel 2
Then Daniel praised the God of heaven. 
20 He said,
Praise the name of God forever and ever,
    for he has all wisdom and power.
21 He controls the course of world events;
    he removes kings and sets up other kings.
He gives wisdom to the wise
    and knowledge to the scholars.
22 He reveals deep and mysterious things
    and knows what lies hidden in darkness,
    though he is surrounded by light.
Application
I will view all the changes in our climate from the perspective of God's Word. God is in control of world events!
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I love reading the story of Daniel. In Daniel and in Revelation You have made it perfectly clear that You are in charge of world events. When storms, droughts, floods, heatwaves, and freezing temperatures all set new records it shouldn't come as a surprise because I know that You plan to use all of those to try to get our attention! I want You to know that You have my attention. I plan to live for You.
I pray for all of those impacted by our last hurricane. I pray that many of them, because of the love that is hopefully being poured out on them will place their trust and their hope in You. Help them, Lord, in their time of need.
I pray for my granddaughter Sierra today on her birthday. And I also pray for Pastor Rapley Armstrong today on his birthday. Bless them both, Lord!
Daily Bible Reading: Daniel 1,2; Revelation 16



No comments: