Saturday, September 21, 2019

Watch Your Tongue And Keep Your Mouth Shut, And You Will Stay Out Of Trouble.


Watch Your Tongue
And Keep Your Mouth Shut,
And You Will Stay Out Of Trouble.
Scripture
Proverbs 21
9 It’s better to live alone in the corner of an attic
    than with a quarrelsome wife in a lovely home.
19 It’s better to live alone in the desert
    than with a quarrelsome, complaining wife.
23 Watch your tongue and keep your mouth shut,
    and you will stay out of trouble.
Observation
I am so thankful that I don't live with a quarrelsome, complaining wife! I feel sorry for the guys who do! I also feel sorry for the godly wives that live with quarrelsome, complaining husbands.
Drama … Drama … Drama … day in and day out!
So how do we avoid getting that label? How about by practicing Proverbs 21:23, “Watch your tongue and keep your mouth shut, and you will stay out of trouble.”
Ephesians 4:29
Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.
Proverbs 10:19
Too much talk leads to sin. Be sensible and keep your mouth shut.
Proverbs 13:3
Those who control their tongue will have a long life; opening your mouth can ruin everything.
Proverbs 15:28
The heart of the godly thinks carefully before speaking; the mouth of the wicked overflows with evil words.
Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Application
I will be careful what I say to Kathy and the tone in which I say it.
How about you? Are you verbally abusive?
Here are 3 super important phrases … memorize them and use them frequently: I love you. I was wrong. Will you forgive me?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to control my words, especially my words to the one that I love the most. Don't let me be abusive. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Help any person that may read this blog today to do the same. Give them control over their tongue. Give them a gentle and quiet spirit. Help them to learn how to fight fair and to deal with problems in a way that honors You!
Daily Bible Reading: Daniel 7,8; Psalms 137; Luke 4; I added: Psalm 21, Psalm 51; Proverbs 21



No comments: