Friday, September 13, 2019

My Health May Fail, And My Spirit May Grow Weak, But God Remains The Strength Of My Heart; He Is Mine Forever.


My Health May Fail, And My Spirit May Grow Weak,
But God Remains The Strength Of My Heart;
He Is Mine Forever.
Scripture
Psalm 73
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    I desire you more than anything on earth.

26 My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,
    but God remains the strength of my heart;
    he is mine forever.
27 Those who desert him will perish,
    for you destroy those who abandon you.

28 But as for me, how good it is to be near God!
    I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter,
    and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do.
Observation
The Psalmist, who wrote Psalm 73 is being very honest. He starts out his Psalm bemoaning the fact that the wicked have got it made! If you and I are honest we have all had those same thoughts!
He says this about the wicked in verses 4-9,
They seem to live such painless lives; their bodies are so healthy and strong. They don’t have troubles like other people; they’re not plagued with problems like everyone else. They wear pride like a jeweled necklace and clothe themselves with cruelty. These fat cats have everything their hearts could ever wish for! They scoff and speak only evil; in their pride they seek to crush others. They boast against the very heavens, and their words strut throughout the earth.”
But then in verses 21 and 22 he gets honest and confesses to God that he is just bitter, “Then I realized that my heart was bitter, and I was all torn up inside. I was so foolish and ignorant—I must have seemed like a senseless animal to you.”
And finally in verses 25-28 he makes this powerful declaration of his faith,
Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever. Those who desert him will perish, for you destroy those who abandon you. But as for me, how good it is to be near God! I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do.”
Application
I think that I share all the feelings and emotions that the Psalmist expresses in Psalm 73! I will pray Psalm 73:23-28 back to the Lord!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, “I still belong to you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but You God remain the strength of my heart; You are mine forever. Those who desert You will perish, for you destroy those who abandon you. But as for me, how good it is to be near You! I have made You, Sovereign Lord my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do.” (Psalm 73:23-28 personalized!)
Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 33,34,35; Revelation 18; I added: Psalm 33, Psalm 73; Proverbs 13



No comments: